Customer Success Manager Open Position
Are you looking for a job or an adventure?
Ascendo is a leading app developer. We make some of the most popular apps for mobile devices including VidaLingua Dictionaries, PhraseMates and DataVault Password Manager. We are looking for a partner with passion and persistence to join us in making the world a better place, one app a time.
Your role will be to engage with customers and other influential users to insure they get the most out of apps. But that’s just the start. You’ll collaborate with users to create self-help documents that are so good they sell our apps. And you will interact with users in social media channels to insure they love our apps and are happy to share their experiences with others. The right person will see support as an opportunity to help us grow the business.
If you looking to coast at a big company, this ain’t your gig. But if you want to do something amazing, Ascendo is a good place to show it.
- Update support materials, text editing of HTML documents
- Special projects; writing documents to help users with specific features
- Check customer reviews and contact users
- Regression testing of our apps on different platforms
- Respond to support requests
- Maintain statistics on support requests
- Run beta programs
- Analyze tools to improve our efficiency
- Create support videos
- Use social media to support customers
- Help with outreach when time permits
- Written English
- Basic HTML Editing
- Social Media
Time commitment: 8 hours per week to start, can evolve to part-time or full-time.
Location: Earth. We are distributed company with partners in France, Argentina, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Bangladesh & the United States.
We recruit for passion first. The right person will have a love for gadgets, apps and people. If you like what we do and can demonstrate that you are hard working, it will be weighted heavier than a particular skill. Digital nomads and moonlighters welcome to apply.
Email email@example.com to get the ball rolling.
Lead Sherpa, VidaLingua